Wednesday, July 9, 2014

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAL!!!!!! (AiB #6)

(14 lbs 10 oz, 26 inches worth of precious)

I'm so excited!! Baby girl and I have made it to our original goal: Six Months of Breastfeeding!!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

It's not going to stop here, though! My tune has changed ("No way am I going to have a teething baby chomping on my nipples!" Me, January 2014) and I'm more confident in The Latch. I bet you're wondering why, though. Why would someone who had their heart set on going for only six months suddenly change their tune?

Answer: I'm lazy.
Oh yeah, you heard me. I'm lazy, and I'm cheap. What's that? You want a list? Wish granted, Mamas!


Awesome Pros:
#1- I don't have to stumble around the kitchen with a sobbing baby at 3a.m.
#2- Said baby is soothed easier at night by simply snuggling up and placing on boob. 
Ok, fine. Night time is a good time to nurse. But what about the rest of the day?
#3- Nursing On-Demand gives me excuses to not do my boring chores. "Sorry, she's just been a piggy all day! I could hardly get anything done!" (Teehee)
#4- I don't have to clean bottles every day!! :D
#5- After about twenty rounds of peek-a-boo, we can take a break with nursing! (And I get to regain my sanity, little by little)
#6- I don't have expensive cans of formula cluttering my already cluttered counter tops. 
#7- I am guaranteed a break at work to pump, even if I have to eat at the same time.


Pesky Cons:
#1- I don't get to sleep through the night. Ever. I really want to kill Daddy in the morning when he says he's tired.
#2- Continually watching my diet has made me paranoid of malnurtrition. I have a running list of what I MUST eat every day. This doesn't count the gallon of water I somehow end up consuming on a daily basis.
#3- A lot more preparation goes into my day if I have to work than if I don't. (Pack the pump, tubes, containers/baggies, marker, cooler bag. Oh, and that's not even counting the diaper bag full of frozen milk)
#4- On Demand Nursing gives me little time to do anything else, including boring chores. (Read as, 'Honey, why are we always out of forks and towels?')
#5- I have a nosy baby, so during the day, she is constantly P-U-L-L-I-N-G my nipples and trying to turn her head at the same time. This is regardless of music or t.v. being on/off.
#6- I feel like I'm more of a pacifier some times, especially before a nap.
#7- ATTACHMENT ISSUES. (Read as, "Please take the baby for five seconds so I can poop." -child begins screaming at the top of her lungs and doesn't stop until you re-enter the room)


As you can see, the list is pretty even. And, while it is a personal preference to breastfeed with every mom, this one has decided to go at it for the long haul!
Thank you for going on this journey with me, and be sure to stay tuned for more nursing adventures!

~Love, Em





No comments:

Post a Comment