Sunday, February 1, 2015

'NO MORE STARBUCKS' Drives Me Nuts

Good morning, Mamas! This special Sunday edition is brought to you by annoying Pins on Pinterest! No, seriously.
Have you ever searched for those 'save money' or 'cut expenses' pins, and found the most ridiculous lists of things you should and should not do?
The one that really just stops me is the 'Cut down on your Starbucks'. This is on almost every single list I come across. And in my mind, the first thing I think is 'Really? Consumerism.' As someone who never lived closer than 25 minutes to a Starbucks, they were always something of a 'trip into town treat' for me. I never relied on them for my daily 'fix'. This may have set me up for #whitegirl failure, but I've learned to cope. In fact, I make my own coffee at home! *gasp* I bought two insulated mugs, and tote my coffee with me. Hell, I've even gone so far as to buy off brand coffee to save money! (Aldi's coffee is pretty good, actually, and I haven't bought Folgers in a long time because of it)

Mocha Frappuccino, I choose you!!

Now, I usually drink tea because of the decaf options. BUT, I always have that one cup of coffee in the morning. It's a ritual I've had for so long...

If you're really worrying about cost and convenience, I would say invest in a coffee pot. If it's just you, invest in a Keurig. True, the cost is higher up front, but think of it this way. You will have paid off that Keurig with about a month's worth of Starbuck's coffee. After that month, you'll still have the Keurig, so you're saving way more money.

As far as the old classic coffee pots go, that all depends on your needs. If you need one with an alarm that will start brewing at 7:15 A.M. because you want coffee ready to go when you get out of the shower, then go ahead and buy that one. Or, save a little more money, and just buy a basic coffee pot. Turn it on, go get in the shower, presto! It's done when you come out. Both machines require you to pre-fill with grounds and water, so save a little more money, and go with the simpler machine. The one I have cost me all of $10 at Wal-Mart. Luckily, the fancier ones are starting to come down in price, so I might just have to get one of those soon.
Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
$24.99 at Walmart.com-- Looks Fancy!!

 So, all in all, coffee addiction is going to be a little pricey, lost most any other addiction...like purses, shoes, or crack. Did I say crack? I meant Diet Coke.

Don't feel like a frugalista failure because you fiend for your coffee. Just try and indulge in a different way!

Love ya, Mamas!

No comments:

Post a Comment