Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pinterest Test #1


HEALTHY KALE CUBES!

So, SOMEWHERE in that wide world of Pinterest, I found a neat and easy way to freeze Kale. I've probably put it on this Pinterest board to explore later, but the recipe was so simple, I memorized it without trying.

You will need:
*Clean Ice Cube Trays
*Kale, washed (Chopped if you don't have a food processor)
*1 Whole Lemon
*Water
*Sandwich Ziploc Bags


Step 1:
Put your chopped Kale into a blender. (Trust me, it's the easier than fighting with a food processor to get it to a creamy consistency.)
Step 2:
Squeeze your lemon juice over the Kale.
*Normally, I roll my lemons around on the counter to make sure I get as much juice as I can. I don't have a traditional juicer, so I just chop the lemon in half and squeeze each half into a bowl, then spoon out any seeds.*
Step 3:
Add about 1/3 C of water, then Blend. Watch the mixture, and YOU decide when to go to Liquefy. 
**Warning: Your kitchen is going to smell like someone has mowed the lawn on your counters. **
Step 4:
Pour weird green grass concoction from blender into ice cube trays, as shown. 





Step 5:
Freeze overnight.
In the morning, pop those bad boys out and put them into your ziploc bags. 

YIELD: About 1 1/2 trays of cubes




I use these in my smoothies!


Any other recipes or DIY things on Pinterest you think would be fun to try, but don't have much time or resources? Leave a comment, and maybe you'll see it in a future post!
Happy Blending! 

No comments:

Post a Comment