Sunday, January 18, 2015

Healthy Me: Week 2 Check-In

Hello, my Mamas! Another week down, and another weigh in from yours truly! I did a little Yoga this morning to wake my body up, and stretch out. It helps me to focus on my day, I find, and I miss doing my stretches. More on that later. For now, let's talk about pedometers!

AccuPedo app: http://www.accupedo.com/
This app is amazing. It's incredibly accurate! I love how you can change the sensitivity of it as well, though the standard did pretty well for me. I also liked how you can pause it, and transfer the information to MyFitnessPal! **I noticed that the information only transferred once, and then was lost again after writing this.
I still hold that MyFitnessPal, and now AccuPedo, are still better than the standard SHealth. But I'm going to keep tinkering with it. I hate extra stuff on my phone.

I'm putting my Yoga '30 Day Challenge' on hold, but still doing certain poses, like Child Pose and Corpse Pose, thanks to my bum wrist. My work week also ran me ragged with picking up a shift, and staying late. I definitely need to get back onto the scheduling Yoga thing, and make time for me. Good thing I have the videos accessible on pretty much ANY device! But, I'm not stressing over it...



When you start on a health journey, you have to reevaluate your thoughts, not just habits. Stressing out over things is a nasty habit, and one that I share with you. (Thank you, anxiety) But I'll feel even more defeated with my journey if I hold onto everything that I -didn't- do, instead of what I accomplished.
I discovered this website while doing research for my classes last semester, and fell in love with it. Unlike webMD and Livestrong, this information is specially tailored for a woman, and her body. I just love reading the articles! (I realize they sell vitamins and such, but that's not what I'm interested in, personally)
A very important part of losing weight is not worrying about it! You know what I worry about? If I'm going to remember to log the sugar in my cup of coffee. I don't care what the calories are, because I'm not doing the math. I know that I need a small snack around 9am every morning. Do I care if it's a handful of trail mix or an oatmeal cookie? Nope. Because it's something. The way the body works, especially with stress triggers, is amazing. But if our bodies stay in stress mode for too long, it can lead to unwanted, and even damaging, effects. No, thank you! I don't know about you, Mamas, but I want to be Stress-Free!


NOW IT'S TIME FOR NUMBERS!


Weigh In: Starting Weight in January: 178
          Last Week's Weight: 175.5
       This Week's Weight: 174
Even though I've only lost 1.5 lbs, I still consider this to be on target because of last week's weight. I'm actually on schedule!


Things I noticed:

  • I was relying more on my diet control than a combination of portions and exercise. It's definitely a joint effort!! I noticed that I started to look for not-so-good snacks on the days that I had little exercise, too. Maybe I eat because my brain just needs something to do? Weird thought.
  • My milk supply was GREAT! With the oatmeal in the morning, every morning, I'm pumping about 8 ounces a day! That's soooo much better than the piddly 4 ounces I would stress over. Ooh, I think I see a pattern here.


Until next week, may all you Mamas keep up the great work in -your- life. Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment